Smoothies are a speedy and extremely convenient means of getting your supply of nutrients, particularly for those early morning risers. Have you thought about taking the smoothie outside of the shaker setting and placing it in a bowl instead? This gives the concoction a cereal-like outfit where you’re able to play with more flavours and textures. Follow the recipe below for delicious results.
- 1 sliced and frozen banana
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup baby spinach
- ¼ ripe avocado
- ½ cup frozen mango
- Toppings : oats, dried shredded coconut, granola, nuts or seeds and fresh fruit of choice
- Add the ingredients to a blender, keeping the toppings to the side for the time being. Blend until the consistency turns smooth and creamy. If it turns out to be too thick then add some almond milk to thin it out.
- Add almond or peanut butter to up the protein contents, which simultaneously adds a sweetness to the smoothie.
- Divide your smoothie into 2 bowls and scatter your selected toppings over the top.
- The smoothie is at its best when freshly made, however it can be stored for 1-2 days when refrigerated