Health food fans rejoice! Thanks to the help from our friend, Aimee Ryan from Wallflower Girl, there’s now a healthy way to enjoy the great taste of ice cream. Aimee’s delicious recipe uses coconut milk and Eat Nākd’s Cashew Cookie & Cocoa Delight bars for a tasty treat which can be prepared in as little as fifteen minutes. Full of chunky, chewy goodness our Eat Nākd Cashew Cookie Dough ice cream simply requires an overnight freeze and can be enjoyed in bowl or crunchy cone!
- 2 Eat Nākd Cashew Cookie Bars, cut into 1cm chunks
- 2 Eat Nākd Cocoa Delight Bars, sliced into small chips
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1bsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- Mix a ¼ cup of coconut milk with the arrowroot powder in a small bowl and leave to one side.
- Combine maple syrup with the remaining coconut milk, add to a saucepan and bring to boil.
- When boiling, stir in the arrowroot mixture to thicken the liquid before taking off the heat and stirring in the vanilla.
- Cool the mixture in the fridge until cold and then mix it together, adding the cocoa delight chips and cashew cookie pieces as you go.
- Place your finished mixture into a freezer-safe container and freeze overnight, or for at least three hours.