Fudge and fruit are both lovely enough on their own, but put the two together and you're in for something rather incredible. Our queen of baked goodies, Ruth Ellis from Makey Cakey has given us this recipe that you just HAVE to try.
- 250g of pitted dates
- 25g of ground flaxseed
- 12 dried apricots
- 75g of your favorite Eãt Nakd bars
- 12g of juicy raisins
- 90ml of orange juice
- A large banana (or two little ones!)
- 45ml of cold water
- 4 tbsp of brown rice flour
- Grease up an 8 inch square cake tin and preheat your oven to 320 F
- Chop up your dates and remove any stones. Skipping them over a river is optional
- Put the dates into a saucepan and add the orange juice. Simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes, or until you see the dates soften and begin breaking down
- Grab a small bowl and mix together the flaxseed and cold water. Leave it for around 15 minutes and you'll see that it has turned into a jelly-like consistency
- Cut the banana into slices and add to the pan with the orange juice and dates. Mash it all up until there are no more lumps
- Cut the apricots into quarters, and cut the Eat Nakd bar into little chunks as well. Add these to your date and banana mix as well as the flaxseed mixture
- Mix the whole lot really well and stir in the rice flour. Pour the entire mix into your greased up tin and spread to fill up to the corners. The mixture should be thick and sticky!
- Bake in the oven for around 45 minutes or until the cake feels firm and the top is no longer sticky
- And you're done. You'll want to tuck straight in, but give it time to cool. Nothing tastes good with a burnt mouth!