Nachos are awesome – perfect for sharing and relaxing with in front of your favorite movie or at a party. You might think that nachos are off the menu for vegans because of their ingredients but don’t worry, we’ve got your back. This vegan nacho recipe is super easy to make and takes less than an hour to prepare from start to finish using naturaland healthy ingredients. Let’s get started!
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 400g of booked black beans, drained
- Jalapeños (As many as you like!)
- 2 sliced spring onions
- 1 grated garlic close
- 100g quartered cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- A handful of coriander
- The juice of 1 lime
- Chili sauce
- Slice the sweet potato in ½ cm rounds
- Preheat your oven to 350 Fahrenheit and grab a baking tray. Coat the sweet potatoes in the olive oil, cumin seeds, salt, pepper and garlic. Roast for 10-15 minutes until they are golden and cooked through.
- To make the guacamole, mash up the avocado with the juice of half a lime and then add half a crushed garlic clove, salt, pepper and half of a chopped red chilli.
- To make the vegan sour cream, take 75g of your cashew nuts (soaked in water for four hours) 2 tbsp of lemon juice, ½ tsp nutritional yeast and 2 tbsp water. Blitz the lot and you’re done!
- Heat up a pan with 1 tsp olive oil, add the chopped red onion, garlic, paprika and 1tsp cumin seeds and sweat for around five minutes. Add the black beans and lime juice before frying for two more minutes.
- Take a large serving plate and layer up the sweet potatoes, spring onions, beans, tomatoes, jalapeños & dips. Finish up by topping with the coriander.
- Tuck in!