Our friends over at Hillmotts have done it again! This time around they’ve given us a recipe for delicious spice oat cookies – just the vegan treat to enjoy with a warming drink as the fall nights grow darker.
Makes 40 cookies:
- ¾ cup vegan baking spread
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup non-dairy milk (almond or coconut is good!)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp ground allspice
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven 350F/180C for 15 minutes.
- Cream together the sugars and margarine until smooth, before beating in the vanilla and milk.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda and allspice.
- Stir in the oats, pecans and cranberries.
- On an ungreased baking sheet, spoon a tablespoonful of mixture per cookie. Bake between 12-15 minutes until golden. Cook 20 cookies at once or bake them all together by using two baking trays and switching them around halfway into cooking.
- When they are ready, remove the baking sheets from the oven and let them stand for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Once they’re fully cooled get stuck in!