Granola is awesome! Crunchy, tasty and healthy it’s the ideal thing to have first thing in the morning or as a healthy snack during the day. So how about a toffee apple granola to start you off right? Don’t worry; you can still be healthy thanks to this recipe which uses simple, vegan-friendly ingredients for a guilt-free nutritious treat
- 1 or 2 packs of Eat Nākd Toffee Treat Nibbles
- 3 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 teaspoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- ½ cup apple purée
- ¾ cup dried apple chunks
- A pinch of salt
- Dairy-free yoghurt or almond milk to serve with
- Preheat your oven to 300°F and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Take a pan and mix together your maple syrup, apple puree, coconut sugar, vanilla, oil and salt on a low heat.
- Take the mixture off the heat and add the oats, mixing until they are also completely covered.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the baking tray and cook for 30-40 minutes, making sure to give the lot a good stir every ten minutes until everything is brown and crisp.
- Add the Eat Nakd Nibbles and apple chunks.
- Take the baked mixture out of the oven and leave it to cool for a bit before serving up with the almond milk or dairy-free yoghurt.
- Tuck in! You’ll have plenty of time to enjoy your granola as it can last up to a month when stored in an airtight container.