Quinoa is super popular right now and for good reason too! It’s tasty and comes loaded with great nutrition, with good levels of vegan-friendly dietary protein. There’s tons you can do with it, but one of our favorites is to make a delicious, filling and satisfying salad that’s perfect as lovely lunch. So what do you need, and what do you do? Well, read on!
For the salad
- A few small basil leaves chopped, to garnish
- 40g raw quinoa cooked in vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp of lime juice and 1 tbsp olive oil
- Half a mango, thinly sliced
- 50 g grilled tofu
- A generous handful of arugla
Dress it up!
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp of lemon or lime juice
- Follow the instruction on the quinoa packaging and cook together in the vegetable stock. After it’s ready, drain the remaining stock and coat the quinoa in the olive oil, lime juice and a bit of salt and pepper before setting aside to cool.
- To make the dressing combine the oil, sweet chilli sauce, chopped basil leaves and the lemon/lime juice together with a sprinkling of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the dressing by hand before adding more lemon or lime juice or seasoning if you want.
- For the salad, slice the tofu into thin slices and add them with the quinoa, mango and arugla.
- There you go! Easy peasy lemon (or lime) squeezy. Serve and enjoy!