Curries are amazing – out of all the dishes out there, they are the ones that have the most depth and character due to the number of ingredients they have. At Natural Balance Foods we love a good curry (as long as it’s healthy and delicious)!
- 1/4 large eggplant, cut into chunks
- 1/4 green pepper, sliced
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp medium curry paste
- 75g dried green lentils
- 250ml vegetable stock
- Handful of chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 375 F
- Place the eggplant, cut into chunks and green pepper, deseeded and sliced, in a shallow roasting tin. Drizzle with vegetable oil and sprinkle with mild chilli powder. Stir well to coat, then bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown
- Meanwhile, in a pan, gently fry chopped onion, for 5 minutes, until soft. Stir in your favorite medium curry paste
- Stir in dried green lentils and 450ml vegetable stock and simmer for 25 - 30 minutes, or until the lentils are tender
- Stir in the pepper and eggplant with the handful of chopped cilantro
- Voila, all done and ready to serve! We know you'll love this one, and of course if you prefer things a little hotter feel free to add a tiny bit more chilli but be careful!