Do you like tasty stuff? Sure you do! How about if they are healthy? All the better! Well, with these tasty quinoa cakes you’re getting the best of both worlds, completely guilt free! Loaded with proteins, vitamins and minerals, these are perfect as a snack between meals or can even be formed into larger patties for vegan burgers!
Ingredients (makes 3-4 patties depending on size)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/8 cup of ground flax + 90 ml water
- 1 cup de-stemmed and finely chopped kale
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, ground into a flour (use certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons red or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon runny tahini paste
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely grated sweet potato
- 1/4 cup finely chopped oil packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- Red pepper flakes for a little extra edge
- After preheating your oven to 400F, line a good-sized baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Grab your water and ground flaxseed and mix them together in a bowl before setting aside to thicken, for five minutes.
- Take the rest of the ingredients and mix them all together (including the flax mixture) and stir until it all comes together.
- Wet your hands to prevent sticking and shape the mixture into patties, remembering to pack tightly so they don’t fall apart.
- Put them on your baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes before flipping and then baking for another 8-10 minutes until they are firm and golden.
- Let them cool for a few minutes and tuck in!